Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Life Lessons Learned

Just a week under my belt at home. I have such a mixture of emotions. Happy, lonely, stressed, worried, bored, content.... which one to touch on?!

Everyone has welcomed me with open arms and have offered such great things. But somethings just freak me out.. I think it is from living in a city.

For instance, I was running down the road. I only run down one road. It is a 4 mile round trip and I usually do it twice because I am bored. Well two different situations happened to me. The first involved a pickup slowly pulling up beside me. I just kept running because I did not recognize the man. He rolled down his window and yelled out if I was okay. How nice of him! Yes, just running for fun (as it started to rain) was my reply. He laughed and told me I put everyone else to shame and should quit. This was somewhat encouraging. lol.

The second was even better. I had left my gloves on mile 5 so I knew I would have to run back and get them. This just pushes me to continue running. Well I was almost there when a neighbor I have known since birth stopped me with his pickup. Word had gotten around that I was back so he was really excited to talk about his kids and life and curious about mine. So I talked with this gentleman for about 45 minutes as the sun was setting. Anybody that knows me knows I usually get in weird conversations. This was no different... the neighbor told me about his grocery habits and how he was attempting to get back in shape by doing sit-ups. Honestly imagine your 60 yr. neighbor doing this... crazy! Anyways the sun was setting, skunks were going to be coming out soon so I had to book the last 3 miles.

Today I had to pick apples with mom. I asked her if I could shake the branch to get more off. She said yes, and I did... but while I was standing underneath. I dont know why they use apples in cartoons portraying a good idea... because I only got a headache.

Also put my requests into the Waubay and Webster schools. They said they would be calling. Scared cuz Landon doesn't even listen to me... we'll see.

Lesson: Bring dogs running w/ you.
Lesson: Wear a helmet at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment