Hands down tasted the best food of the Twin Cities tonight.
Hands down had the best service of the Twin Cities tonights.
Hands down if you come visit you must try out Milton's in Crystal.
Our house is a mess because the floor refinishers came today, so we decided to get away from the horrific mess and grab a pizza. Shiny Object Syndrome - I spotted Milton's in a strip mall and I recalled reading a food review in the Crystal paper. This place was about three months old and was highlighted for its drooling food, unique atmosphere, and was forecasted as a soon-to-be trending Minneapolis hot spot.
Logically we bypassed Pizza Man's $7.49 walk-out pie and hoofed into Milton's.
I think I broke my jaw from letting it fall to the floor. The place was packed and there was a line!! This is crazy because this isn't a neighborhood people are dyeing to go to. The wait was fine because the staff was entertaining and we had the option to play games in a couch/lounging room.
When we did get seated I asked my staple question, "what do you recommend." The waitress and waiter were honest and said everything was great, BUT if we wanted to be blown away try the Mac and Cheese, Jerk Chicken, or Portabella Mushroom Sandwich. Evan got the Jerk Chicken that came with a side, which so happen to have the choice of Mac and Cheese! I got the Portabella Mushroom Sandwich. Honestly, Evan and I both agreed this was aaaaammmmmaaaaazing and so reasonably price!!
We couldn't get over the great tastes. I finally addressed the white elephant, "did the cook actually make it or was it taken from a package!?" The reply was shocking - everything was homemade. Bandage my jaw again because it just dropped to the floor AGAIN. There was a story behind each food, but by far the Jerk Chicken recipe retrieval was my favorite. Here is the general story: the owner (Sam) went to Jamaica and found this bus that served the best Jerk Chicken. He begged the cook for the recipe but the cook wouldn't budge. So Same went back to Minneapolis and continued on in his restaurant, but told his cooks about this Jamaica bus serving the Jerk Chicken. This inspired one of his cooks to quit, move to Jamaica, get a job at this same bus, and learn the recipe. The cook worked there for a few years. After his time he moved back to MN and shared his new knowledge to Sam. Sam was elated! When the time was right Sam opened up his newest restaurant in Crystal called Miltons, and hired his son to cook. His son has perfected the copied Jerk Chicken recipe and is now one of the hottest items on the menu! Now isn't that crazy?!
Also another aspect that I loved was the decor. It wasn't a cookie cutter place. Nope everything was special including the fish gurgling pitchers. You put water into it, pour it, and it gurgles. How cute! In all different colors too. I'm going to totally get one of those (I'm thinking a perfect birthday gift for me!).
If this doesn't intrigue you to come visit us, I really question what would :)

No comments:
Post a Comment