Wednesday, April 17, 2013

'Naners

I tried out a gym the other day and what an experience!  It is sort of a hole in the wall, but I like it because everyone knows each other's name.  When I first walked in I was asked if I wanted a free personal training session - sure!  So a few days later I was standing toe to toe with this massive guy and 60-year-old woman (Cass).  The guy barked out commands.  Cass performed on cue.  I panted.  I was being out done by some older lady!  Props to her, but seriously?!

At the end of the session the guy asked me about my diet.  I said I ate whatever I wanted.  He said I should switch it up and eat more fruits and vegetables.  My response was what about my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?  The guy suggested a 'nice, green salad.'  That sounds about as appealing as gnawing on dandelion greens.

Here was what he consumed: No meat.  No dairy.  No gluten.  I didn't believe him at first cuz he looked like a Johnny Bravo hulk.  That was until I saw his meal plan where he put 7-10 bananas in one smoothie in the morning.  Apparently he buy 40lbs of bananas at a time…. actually on the way to the session he managed to eat six bananas in 3 miles of driving.

If you start doing that start the Bravo diet, please warn your local grocers so they can stock up on their 'naners.

No comments:

Post a Comment