Where has time gone? Seriously it seems like just yesterday I was sitting in my attic apartment thinking - "how am I going to get this box out?!" Now I have been working at BBY for a month, married for three and a half, changed my name, became an official Minnesotan, and bought a house! It truly has been a learning experience with my best friend, but jimmy crack corn it has been fun.
Silly Snow
Okay first thing we experienced our first decent snow fall. Snow is not unusual for us; however, now we are homeowners and don't own a snowblower. I believe Evan shoveled six times in one day meanwhile our neighbors snow blowed their driveways once. I thought the snow was beautiful, but knew my biggest fete was yet to come. I had to drive ten miles to work. Now this should not have been that bad because I had grown-up ten miles south of Webster and know how to drive in the snow. BUT in Webster I was only dealing with about ten other people and a few birds on the road… here I am dealing with millions of people. Luckily I left the house two hours early because it took me the entire two hours. That's right… I went five mph. And heaven forbid I slid anywhere because I wasn't going to go into a ditch… it was either into a median, car, or off the bridge. You can about image how I handled the mind-numbing experience. Unfortunately this was the same story for the next three days. Yet to every cry fest is a happy dance! At BBY they live by the ROWE idea - "results only work environment." So what that translates into is that I am allowed to work from home whenever I want/can. So next snow storm I get to settle into my couch and wrote remote :)
Super-Duper Fun Mixing Bowl
I have had a done of people asking what do I do at work. Well here it is - I work with every marketing vehicle at BBY - social media, digital insert, insert, reward zone, global home page, weekly brand emails, deal of the day, media, television, etc. I make sure that the overarching strategy is being implemented in all the vehicles and conveying the same message. Right now we are working with the Superbowl commercial. It still blows my mind that I am sitting in the meetings where all the concepts are being tossed around and talking about what personalities would work well. There are many 'campaigns' such as Superbowl, March Madness, Presidents Day; but there is only two 'drive' times - Back to College and Holiday. Now it has only been a month, but I have learned a ton! At the moment I don't know exactly what I can blog about, so I am just going to talk high level!
No comments:
Post a Comment