We had always heard it was important to walk through the neighborhood, talk to the people, and really investigate to see if the house's neighborhood jives with your personality. I did just that! The second day the house was on the market the real estate agent held an open house. At the time I didn't have a job, so I decided to scope it out. Looking extremely SD styled in my cowboy boots, I marched up to the house. Upon entering I realized this really wasn't intended to the public but other real estate agents… hence it being held during the middle of the afternoon Shoot! However, they weren't going to push away a potential buyer! So there I stood… me and the other agents and a few neighbors. The neighbors said if we bought it they would have coffee with us… at the time I didn't have a lot of friends up here so I am holding them to their promise!
Anyways, the real estate agent starting giving me her tour of the house. As we walked through the house I noticed a buffalo picture. In typical Emily style I had to ask a question and here was how it went…
Me: By chance was the lady that lived here from South Dakota because only SD people have buffalo pictures in their house.
Real Estate Agent: Actually yes, she was from the Mitchell area.
Me: I knew it! I love buffalo and I'm from SD too!!
Turns out that real estate agent was the niece-in-law to the lady living there. Oiy! Anyways, I came home that day and told Evan I really like the neighborhood and the lady was from SD, so I was sold on it. As we worked through the closing process we met several family members and everyone was so so nice. At closing tonight they gave us a surprise gift...
The buffalo photo!!! The niece-in-law couldn't get over meeting me and how I called out the buffalo picture. Best-closing-ever! We hugged SD style and parted ways, but I can guarantee that buffalo picture will live on.
"Evan & Emily, where the buffalo once roamed… We WELCOME you to your new home! The Dykens Family November 2012"


No comments:
Post a Comment