I always thought paying for a carwash was a waste of money. I have always used the good ol' elbow grease and have hand washed my car. However, today I thought I would splurge and go through the carwash by myself for the first time.
I really have no idea why I get this excited about everyday things.
I went into the store I asked how much the wash was - $7. Lame. I was just going to pay for the wash when the clerk decided to practice her saleswomen skills. She informed me that she would only get the 'gold wash' because it is the best one - $10. This isn't my first rodeo lady. I knew she only got the best one was because she got a discount and all the free sodie that she wanted since she worked there. I declined and started to dig for some money when she tried again. She said I HAD to get my car air blown dry because it was below 32*. I gave her a 'what are you talking about look' because there was a thermostat right outside her window that clearly read 42*. Instead of upping my package I told her I planned on racing really fast around town to dry off my car. This time she gave me a weird look. Two-shay.
After this brief interaction I went to get in line for the wash. As I was sitting there I started to recall when I was younger and how excited I would get for a carwash. I pulled into the wash, turned off the car, and settled in to listen to a radio song. Once it had finished I started to drive. I realized that it was more of the inside of the car that is dirty and next time I should just get an interior clean. Lame. When I got home I looked over my car and was not impressed… dirt! Very disappointed.
The sang is true… If you want something done right, you do it yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment