Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Friday





If you are a warrior shopper this is your dream come true.


On Wednesday Mom, G-ma, Landon, Evan, and I crammed into the Sequoia and headed to Burnsville, MN, for the annual Locken/ Ogren Thanksgiving!  This has become our tradition to go to Aunt Jill's house and raid the stores for all the hottest deals on Black Friday.

Throughout the Thanksgiving day all 26 family members sorted through the store advertisements.  Even the babies stomped on the ads :) We had laptops going so people could order items since many stores had started their sales online.  Others leafed through the paper ads and made their lists.  I have no idea how we got so crazy, and I do not deny it.

We knew the stores would open up at midnight.  We were prepared.  My aunts, cousins, and fiance went to bed; meanwhile, Mom, Landon, and I headed to the first store - Toys 'R Us.  Pulling up we saw a line and security guards.  They were only allowing so many people in at once.  Landon and I jumped in line and waited about five minutes to get in.  Inside I literally wanted to hold Landon's hand because it was so chaotic.  Ugh!  We walked away with nothing.

Next was Kohls.  We found our items and stood in line for like twenty minutes and then realized we were losing out on precious time!  What did we do?  We gently placed our items in the back of a clothing rack and left.  Like I told my mom - if those items are there when we get back than it was meant to be!

Target was next.  Landon needed a toothbrush and I shopped for my secret Santa person.  Buy this time I was a little tired, but knew I needed to push on.  I am a warrior!  We were off to the Mall.  Mom and I started to do some clothes shopping.  I got a steal of a deal on some door buster boots and itune player!!

**Story- Landon was trying on some sweatpants at American Eagle.  I thought everything was going good until he had changed into his street clothes.  He came out holding the sweatpants and told me that they smelled like poop.  It was 6:00 a.m. and I was not impressed.  I told him it was probably him that smelled like poop.  He said he wondered that too, but after investigating in the changing room realized it was the sweatpants.  Then he asked me to smell the sweatpants.  NO WAY, because if the sweatpants did smell it was probably cause someone had let a hard-core fart out in them.  I'M NOT STUPID.  Next best person to smell them - mom :)  Mom told him that she wasn't going to either but would look for a different pair.  Curiosity killed the cat.  Curiosity will kill me.  Yes, I was intrigued and smelled the sweatpants.  It was true - they did smell poopy!!

After that crazy scene, we headed back to Kohls to see if those items were still there.  Walking to that section we noticed a bunch of old ladies were trying on vests right in front of our hidden items!  They were there for a solid ten minutes.  Mom looked so tired and mad.  She pretended that she REALLY loved the grandma clothing.  This of course made Landon and I laugh hysterically because we had never seen mom look at expandable waistband pants!  After the ladies left my mom was convinced that it was all a set up :)

We headed back to Jills to drop off Landon to sleep at about 7:30 a.m.  I collapsed next to Evan for about twenty minutes but was soon woken up by mom… we were off again!  You know when you are so tired that you can't even make sense?  Yes, that was me.  I had been up for 24 hours straight and didn't see it ending soon.  Once we had finished at the mall, it was back to Jills.  When we got back to the house I took an hour nap and it was AMAZING.  However, mom had gone back out - pure inspiration folks!  So what to do since our wheels were gone?  Well, my cousin Susan was there and offered to take Evan, Landon, and me to a golf warehouse. This is where all the country clubs unload their golf clubs that did not sell this past year, and then they sell the clubs at a discounted price.  Evan scored big with a driver!

After having a quick supper, mom wanted to go to Mall of America to look for a Mother of the Bride dress.  Since she had been up for 30 hours straight I did not want her driving alone.  So I offered to go with… and so did Evan and Landon :)  How romantic shopping with the Mallow!  Mom went her way and Landon, Evan, and I did some shopping together.  The guys were such troopers because they let me try on clothes and let me do a little fashion show.  I got a $179 purchase for $90.  Winning!

Finally at 10:00 p.m. we were on the rode to Jills.  We got back and talked for a little while and finally hit the sack.  I had so much fun hanging out with my mom, Susan, Landon, and Evan!  Everyone needs to do a day of shopping with mom because it is simply an experience.  And I absolutely LOVE every second of it!

How did Black Friday get its name?
A. The black under the eyes.
B. The stores are guaranteed to be in the black.
C. You leave the house in the middle of the night.

We accomplished all three, so I'm no help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment