Monday, October 17, 2011

Updates coming...

I feel this blog will become a wedding blog… maybe!  I've been so thankful for our amazing family.  My future sister-in-law has so much insight on photographers, invitations, and other program designs.  This is fantastic because well, I'm not artsy.  Natalie is having a great time looking at wedding dresses, which is AMAZING because I have never imagined myself in a white dress.  Bill is like a whirlwind and has been calling reception halls in Watertown and comparing rates.  As for our friends, many have stepped in and offered assistance in various areas and seriously I cannot express how thankful we are.  So thank you!!

Here is a request though - if you go pheasant hunting please save the feathers because I would like to incorporate our backgrounds into the decorations and bouquets.  Uncle Clarke said he will ask around in Aberdeen… I mean really how awesome is that!?  The reasons - Evan and I both went pheasant hunting last year with my brothers and cousin.  It was my first time and we both had a blast.  Check out that story here.  

As for the colors Evan and I are going with pheasant feathers, mallard green, bronze, golds, browns, blues, and rustic red/orange.  Basic fall colors.

Also, we are going to be incorporating wheat into the decoration.  That way I will still walk down the isle with Dad... just not in the normal way.  At my last family wedding I kind of broke down because I felt horrible that Evan's mom and my dad wouldn't be there in physical form.  Thus, I am determined to incorporate our parents into the wedding in other forms.  So far we have decided to have my dad's presence symbolized with wheat.

HIGH FIVE for progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment