Humpty Dumpty just fell of her wall.
I was so excited today to have coffee with my childhood friend Jen at 4:00 o'clock. I was scurrying around work trying to get everything done so I could change and gather my books before meeting her. With my book bag containing my laptop, gym bag, and coat all in arms I marched to the HPER stairs in my heels. You know when you think "oh man I better watch my step" and then it happens. Well it happened.
My left heel snagged the top step and my leg went out and then my other leg went out. I couldn't catch myself and all of a suddenly I was skiing down the cement stairs on my shins. About 10 stairs later I stopped and my legs were numb. However, I did not rip my pants!! This was probably the only highlight. Anyways, when I rolled up my black pant legs it revealed my bloody shins.
Seconds later the SDSU volleyball team saw me and two of the starters came to help me. I was mortified because 1.) I'm 25, 2.) I just fell down the stairs, and 3.) I was crying. They gathered my bags and let me lean on them as I hobbled into trainers office. I have never had to ice before and never want to again.. so cold! I had to place my legs in these holders while my legs iced for 30 minutes. Afterwards, they had to do some tests to see if I broke or sprained my ankle. No worries just sprain, scrapes and many bruises!!
![]() |
| Adding a little color to my life with bruises and scrapes. |
After working with the trainers for about an hour I needed to get back to my house to gather my books for tonight's class. I quickly thanked the trainers and visited with my boss about the possibility of me not coming in tomorrow. And then I received the best advice: "don't wear pants to bed because it will scrap the wounds." I know what he meant - wear shorts - but I still was flustered. So with both legs bandaged, bruised, and throbbing, I grabbed my two bags, put on my heels and rode off on Scoot.
Sometimes words cannot express my luck.
![]() |
| It looks like shin guards.. the trainer's band-aide job. |
Ps. Thank you Evan for the ice packs and ibuprofen!


No comments:
Post a Comment