Tonight was a closure moment for me. The ULC has impacted me the most while at SDSU. Some of my best memories were from here. And the people I had been surrounded with for the past six years bided us farewell. Too kind!
The friends I made there were phenomenal. Wednesday night services was a time to kick off our shoes (literally) and dance to the praise songs (Heidi). Before worship, Dan and Heidi would encourage me to go ice skating or grab ice cream. Or Bethany and I would play Scrabble or Banana-grams. The festivities were never short-handed. Such as pumpkin carving, harvest table, habitat for humanity, "game" night, or Bible studies.
Another ULC aspect I absolutely loved was being a part of was the peer ministers. I actually felt we were an important part of making the ULC function. Each week our meetings would last an hour, but only 20 minutes was actually working. Someone would always have some great 'wisdom' and a tangent would start. I also was able to develop a position and to see if grandfathered to the next team. That was awesome.
Finally, the ULC felt like a home. The council was more than just overseeing community members. They genuinely care and would remember your name. The lights were always on and a welcoming cup of hot cocoa was available. If you needed someone to talk to than someone was magically there. Outside of the building the members had a unique connections, which honestly is really heart-warming. Just an encouraging smile can go a long way when you are cramming in the Union and see a member.
In short, I know I will not donate to the college of Arts and Sciences. I only earned a degree from them.
Instead, a donation will be made the ULC. I built everlasting friendships, a relationship with God, and had life-changing experiences while attending there. Thank you ULC.
No comments:
Post a Comment