Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hillbilly

"During hibernation (or more accurately torpor), Big Brown bats commonly wake up every couple weeks."

This is could be sleeping next to me!!
I came back from Christmas vacation in Webster, and I am terrified!  I was putting away everything including my suitcase.  When I opened up the storage area I heard squeaking!  OMGOODNESS.  I. HATE. RODENTS.  I cannot confirm this because I slammed the door and called Evan to ask the intelligent question: "Do bats hibernated?"  

He wasn't 100% sure.  The Internet confirmed my fears.  THEY DO!  I tried to hold the phone up to the door to have Evan hear this thing; however, the grossness quit squeaky.  

Bat 1. Emily 0.

So I decided to put the mouse traps in there.

Bat 0. Emily 1.

I currently have a glass and am listening through the door.  There is definitely squeaking going on. 

Tie Game.

I fear if it is a rodent it will be sudden death.  If I see it than the rodent wins because I will literally pass out and it will eat me.  On the other hand, if the rodent likes peanut butter… dooms day for Batty because mouse traps are set!!
There will be no tolerance
this holiday season.
There will be NO FLYING RODENTS OR A BAT CAVE in my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment