Yesterday kicked off my 25 acts of kindness. As the day progressed I began to get nervous because I had not done anything. Continuing with my daily activities, I headed to the UPS store to make my family's Christmas cards. Well after printing off one card I discovered it didn't turn out quite like I wanted to. So I decided to not print off the 40 cards. I was a little bummed, and the worker could tell I was frustrated. Being the kind lady she was, she said I could just take that one card and not worry about paying for it. Now it was only $0.49, but still it was thoughtful. This sparked me to go out and just do something.
Next was HyVee. I walked in thinking I would buy some candy to give to the people studying near me later that night. As I walked down the candy aisle, I decided that I would rather do that during finals week. Ugh indecisive! Frustrated I grabbed some tea packets and checked out while glancing at Starbucks. Personally I do not drink Coffee, but it was cold and maybe a hot chocolate would pick up my spirits since I stink at being randomly kind. While standing in Starbuck's line - okay this sounds REALLY weird - I was trying to reason why and if I needed a hot chocolate.
It was my turn to order. Then it hit me. I would just pre-pay for someone else. Unfortunately no one was behind me… I explained to the worker what I was doing. I wanted to pay for a hot chocolate for some little kid. She said that quite nice, and asked if I wanted to give my name. Laughing I said "no one would know me. I'm just some college student. Tell them Happy Holidays."
I walked away feeling pretty good. I never got to see who the child was, but hopefully the worker fulfilled her promise and some kid's shopping was a little sweeter.
Happy Holidays 'Kid with the Starbucks hot chocolate!'

No comments:
Post a Comment