Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A stroke of genius... nope.

Okay I fibbed... blogging for me is like running - I just do it.  I couldn't wait to tell my story of Scoot and his first experience in the snow.

Today I was running late for my meeting.  I knew I had to suck it up and ride him to campus.  There was no snow just 35 mph winds.  I bundled up and headed out.  I made it to Pugsley where the secretary laughed at me when I told her the reason for looking so bundled up... whatever.   Next stop was to drop off the video camera for at the library.  When the video guy saw me he asked if was really blowing out because my nose was extremely red.  Again I explained I rode my scooter.  His response was 'you go girl!' Yes, I felt dumb.

When I got to work it was about 11:30.  Still no snow.  

I left work about 6:00.  There was flurries of snow... kind of the wet/rain snow thing.  I figured it wouldn't be that bad riding in it.  WRONG.  It was little pellets smacking my face.  At each stop sign I took off my eyewear and had to windshield wiper them off.  

Reaching my home I was cold and wet.  Nick saw me and bursted out laughing.  I agree I was quite the sight in dress clothes with snow dripping off of my face.  I am a classy lady.

At the end of the day I concluded I will continue to do this because it does get me to the door quicker than walking 10 minutes from off campus.  I am lazy in regards to walking and buying a parking pass.  Just remember this....
Never flinch.  It shows weakness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment