Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Texting at Work

I do not like to text while at work. For the first two days at grounds keeping, I kept my phone in my car.  After sitting through mandatory breaks with everyone texting I decided to conform and join the group.  So today I brought my phone in.  It looks like a Blackberry, but definitely is not.

Ed is my boss. 
Ed (gave me a look of 'oh so now you are too good and need to text'):  kids these days with smartphones.
Me: my phone doesn't have internet.  Actually I only have texting.
Ed: so do you like texting?
Me (I looked ubber excited): Yeah!  I get so excited when I get texts!
Ed: my wife just got texting.  Will you be her texting buddy?
Me (sacrastically): heck yes!  We will text all day long and probably become best friends.
Ed (writing something down): Okay here is her number and name.  So when are you going to text her?
Me: um, after break?
Ed: Okay she will love this!

Meanwhile the whole crew is watching us.  As we walk out to our vehicles...
Tyler: are you actually going to text Mr. Peterson's wife?
Me: if the boss wants me to I guess I will....but I am going to look like a creeper sending a random message.

I text Linda: "Linda, Ed your husband would like to say hi and have a great day!  And that you need a text.  I'm the summer help at the grounds keeping shop :) have a good day!"

Ed later called me into his office with his cell phone to his ear.  All I could think was... it's Linda.  Uh-oh.  After looking concerned and a little frazzled Ed hung up.  He told me Linda was in a tizzy because she could figure out how to text back and wanted to say hi!  Ed thanked me for texting his wife.  So I asked him if that meant I could text during work anytime because he never knew who I was texting... I was told leave and go cut shrubs.  I take that as he is thinking about it :)

Best part is Linda is Alltel... Our texts won't cut into our texting plan!!  Absolutely fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment