Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Something so small means so much.

Sometimes people come into your lives and really make an impact.  You never expected to form a unique bond in such a short time.  Instantly when you talk to them are just smile, love life a little more, and see the bright side of everything.  You have no idea why though.  It just is.. special.

In 2007 I spent half the summer at NeSoDak Bible Camp in Northeastern South Dakota.  I was a counselor.  At the time it was really difficult for me transitioning into the counselor position because I arrived halfway through the summer.  Everyone already had friends, inside jokes, and I felt like I was the outcast.  Trust me, the outgoing girl you know today was not the same girl in '07.  I was pretty reserved.

However, there was one person that well I connected with.  Emily.  First off, how could you not like a lady with a name like that?!  Secondly, she had this aurora about her.  I could confide in her.  I felt she really cared and wanted to be friends longer than just the summer.  I admired her inter and outter beauty, musical skills, artistic ability, and her ease with the children. 

The day when she left to return to Iowa, as corny as I sound, I remember it pretty clearly.  I had gone for a run and took my phone with me. I thought I could still make it back without her leaving.  However, I didn't.  She had to call and find out my location.  I was about half a mile away.  She drove up in her stuffed vehicle.  to say goodbye.  I promised I would see her sometime. 

I have not.

I feel awfully guilty. 

Yet Emily, I believe does not hold a grudge.  She is simply wonderful.  For this I am thankful and blessed to have meet this amazing woman.  Two days ago she spontaneously dropped me a six word statement that making me realize how much I miss my dear friend.  Something so small means so much to me.

Thank you Kanga.

No comments:

Post a Comment