The other day at grounds keeping Joni told me I would have special jobs. This I came to realize was being displaced from the rest of the group. Not that fun, yet I still tried to make the best of it. Finally my chance came to go on a car ride with Joni. Well she actually had nothing for me to do, so she told Megan and me to jump in the truck.
As we start down the road she would stop along the sidewalk and instruct me to grab a stick and would slowly drive off. I thought this was kind of funny, so I played along. After a while I got my excited look on my face and eagerly asked Joni if I could learn to drive stick! She groaned and said asked if I was sure I had never driven a stick before. The only time I did was with Eric, which I proceded to stall on 6th and Medary, so NO.
I was stoked!
Switching spots in the Performing Arts Center, we were off! I was so frazzled throughout it, but Joni was a great teacher. Never yelling at me or laughing at my jerky starts. Very thankful! After a while Megan took over. Megan and I are about at the same level. Perfect! We did this for like an hour, than Joni told us we were on our own.
Megan and I put our heads together and well, one shifted and the other used the pedals. Genius, and I know all you readers are jealous :) I felt like a pro until today... next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment