Saturday, February 20, 2010

S-h-OCK-ing, I know.

It is amazing what one pair of bad socks can do for your feet. Vicious! Unfortunately I discovered this the other day during my hour run.

It started off fine but around mile 2 I could tell it was rubbing me the wrong way. But I thought nothing was going to happen because I NEVER get blisters. Wrong. When I wrapped up the run I looked at my left foot and I had a blister on my arch about the size of a pickle. On my right foot I had one on both sides. Gross, I know.

Well this was at 7:30 a.m. when I had finished the run. I still had all day so I thought I could just grab a band-aid from the front. Well I didn't because I had to fill out paper work... I did the next best thing. I used masking tape.

Now for the future people, don't do this. It will feel awful when you take it off and your blister peels off with it. Now I have two bloody feet and keep running each day for that study. I feel like a ballet dance... minus the grace.

Side note... I washed clothes. My good socks are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment