Sunday, November 01, 2009

A preview?

Today I worked at Target from 8-4:30. So opening for the first time, not as glamorous as one would think for these reasons:
1.) It's 7:45 am.
2.) I have to ring the Target doorbell to get in.
3.) Upon arriving there were about twenty cars already in the lot. I thought, oh there must have been some get together and they all carpooled and left their cars here.
4.) Reaching the door there is a crowd of tired, grumpy people waiting... I think they forgot to set their clocks back.
5.) Opening the doors at 8:00 + Big crowd + discounted candy = RUN!!!! That's right they ran to get candy and paper towels.
6.) When the guests arrive at the candy they discover it is only 30% off... not 50%. Many upset people.

So for those reasons cashiering was interesting. Here are a couple of snippets to that.
1.) MOTHERLOAD #1: Some lady took $328 worth of candy. And I was the lucky one to ring it up. Definitely supports Krantz's theory... http://www.400watts.blogspot.com/
2.) Hearing theories which were logical for instance: Some lady told me her office mates and her buy seasonal candy and regular candy. They taste test them and have agreed that seasonal is better because it is creamy, richer, and more fresh. Talked for about 5 minutes about this.
3.) When wanting to spit out gum please don't put it in a thin piece of paper after it is recently been slobbered upon. And than ask where the garbage is because chances are the cashier will stick out their hand and say oh I can take it. Only to be shocked that it is your chewed gum... gross.

Alright that's enough. Next time I'll tell you about zoning, deer in headlights, and my experience with sign language at work). Night!

1 comment:

  1. Just laughed my pants off. Now that I have them back on, thank you for writing about your experiences! You are my favorite EBK!

    ReplyDelete