Monday, November 02, 2009

Even Gma.

My Gma has tickets to the community plays in Aberdeen. She and her friends love to get together and see the talent the region displays. Well tonight she was being her loving self and offered her season ticket to Funny Money on Wednesday. She had already seen it 2 times and didn't want to go again. Cool! But when I asked her if she would go with me she said no. She had only one seat and her friends couldn't go to... so the seats next to me were going to be empty. Nothing screams "Hey I'm single - no friends in the area - now trying to entertain myself with a play- girl." Now I must decide whether to stay in or take the opportunity. More than likely I will go, but comm'on I need interaction with someone younger than 30.

This brings me to my next subject... the boss :) I absolutely adore the lady! She was telling me today about her single son. Now I know he is 31 and EXTREMELY SINGLE. Lol! I love the subject because it makes me have a nice break from filing.

Worked at Target tonight. Props to anyone that has the mental state to sit there and pick up someone else's garbage and fold their clothes. Today I had to 'zone' for 4.5 hours. This literally means touching every item of clothing in the store.... that's a lot! I fold the clothes, hang the clothes, locate the clothes, and even strategically separate the clothes by a finger space. Meanwhile I have 'guests' come to me and inquire where the heel-corn-blister prevention pads are for high heels... ummmm? I told her to use Band-Aids cause it works for me... she didn't laugh.

Now deer in the headlights look is pretty intense. I have big eyes, and when I'm in a new situation they are magnified. Awesome. So just image me trying to remember when and where was I when I 'zoned' aka touched the pads. Well I'm scanning my brain to remember the item, my eyes became huge and the customer said'you look absolutely scared. My response - I am. I speak only the truth.

Just so everyone reading understands... I'm not complaining... just expressing my fabulous learning experiences. I mean, now I know how to properly fold clothes, finger space hangers, and where I can find the relief for my aching feet -- Aisle A22.

No comments:

Post a Comment