Friday, November 06, 2009

No finger food.

It's Emily Day today! Proclaimed by my own boss at Titan :) First off if you ever talked to my boss and his wife... well than you would know they are the funniest people EVER! More hope that old people are grand :) Anyways...He brought in a meat and cheese tray and he asked me to set it up for the rest of the employees to eat. I inquired what the occassion was. His response.. It's Emily Day!! lol He continued to tell everyone that we were celebrating because it was my special day. And when anyone would disagree he would say sternly "You just want to ruin everything don't you... fun hater!" lol I love it :)

Oh and I learned about Hutterites. I can honestly say I would love to attend a wedding out there... blue wedding dresses!

Then off to Target for the evening. I was told to work in the hardlines aka not clothing. So zoning began. Not bad until we hit the stinkin' freezers. They told me I had to bring the items forward. Fine. Where are the gloves? THEY DON"T HAVE ANY!
Okay rewind, why am I so concerned. Because when I was a sophomore in college I decided to eat ice cream with my finger. Well my dumb move resulted in frost bitten fingers. Now whenever my hands are touching something cold they turn beat red and blister. Yea, not a smart move on my part... but now I know and so do you.

So back to Target... so I was moving the items and my hands started to turn red. I couldn't put my shirt over it... and I didn't have gloves... and I refused to call my advisor over the radio to ask for gloves. Hence I got frost bite. Lame! Who gets frost bite when they are in Target?! I manage a lot of spectacular things. This is one for the books. Once I finished I told my other co-workers the story and all they could do was laugh. Oh geez.

My advice for the night. Don't ever believe anything is finger food.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I totally remember when you told me the story about your frostbite finger. Damn ice cream!
    And stop working doubles! Get in your own time to keep you sane!

    ReplyDelete