Monday, August 10, 2009

"Oh, that can be some addicting stuff!" - Gma

Heidi came down for the night on Friday and I had a blast! It was the first time someone other than mom, Land or Alyssa has stayed at the apartment. I am so luck to have Heidi as a close friend and in the family! We have much of the same personality and know we can count on each other to back up a silly idea.

She had a bachelorette party on Saturday night, so this left quite a bit of time to explore Sioux Falls, and do one of our favorite hobbies... RUMMAGE SALES! Now anyone that has been around me during the summer knows I thoroughly enjoy going through someone else's trash and seeing what I could make of it.

We had rummaged together back in high school when the Zuehlkes, Quails, Holmes, Kueckers, and Ogrens took a trip to Stillwater/Red Wing, MN. It was a couple of days. Heidi collects all sorts of things, and well I needed to start a collection. Gma suggested nut cups. Alright, everyone has the same reactions when I say nut cups. It is NOT an athletic protection cup. No it is something that you would use at holidays to put edible nuts in. This has got me in some ackward situations, but now is not the time to tell those... anywho....

I was on a mission for a treadmill, dresser, guitar music, dvd/vhs combo, and ugly sweater for Christmas. Heidi had all sorts of ideas too. Our game plan was to just drive around and find the signs. Starting out at 9 am... we founds some decent ones. I'm still super jealous of Heidi's quilt rack! But I did pretty well myself... above is a lamp I bought and bought a little white hut thinger for $13. They wanted $20 for everything but I bargianed... Ah, the power of the buyer :). My other adventures this summer in rummage sales has been a guitar, table, paper towel holder, and wooden spoons.

One rummage sale though was WEIRD to get to. They had cactus signs posted along the route. We followed it cause it would read "ALMOST" "WRONG TURN", etc. It was an actual picture of a cactus. When we got there (it was in the boonies) there was a cactus wrapped in shiney wrapping paper. And the lady was talking about how she had saved them from 2 yrs ago. Crazy lady!

My advice for everyone... rummage at the rummage sales, because you'll save and more than likely find that jewel. And if you are as lucky as me, bond with a special friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment