Friday, July 24, 2009

Weekend reminding of Dead Birds

FYI: Easily amused some people are and perhaps I am one. I am curious of how many get an excited feeling when driving down the road and a certain song comes on and break out in a huge smile. Half the time I can't sing the whole song with out fudging the words. But I still get that giddy feel.

Here is a recap of my weekend's happenings.
Erin and I helped Tyler with Relay for Life on Friday/Saturday. I didn't do anything except keep them company, but still enjoyed it. It was a time where we weren't really at work and could hang out. We ended up playing scrabble. Surprisingly there wasn't a lot of conveniencing to be done!

On Sunday I helped with the National Fast Pitch Softball tournament. 164 teams came from around the nation to compete. I was reminded on how much fun I had with the Webster Dead Birds with karokee in the Watertown mall to the Crossroads restaraunt in Huron to dying hair in Sioux Falls. Here is the background of the Webster Dead Birds... I started playing with the team when I was a freshman. Only 4 freshmen were on the team: Mannie, Kemps, Heather, and me. Amazingly enough these were 3 of my best friends! Anyways, everyone else on the team was a year older and just as good of friends. Two recently got married and was in both weddings and a couple more are due :)

And now maybe a little explanation of why my Dead Bird friends call me Martha:
I was at my first State Softball tournament and we decided to have a nice supper at the Crossroads in Huron. I was so impatient with waiting I thought it would be fun to eat crackers and jelly. I made some jelly crackers for myself, and than continued to be flambouent with my acting and made the rest of the team and parents jelly crackers. Megan Gollnick started teasing I would be the next Martha. I constantly am now living up to that with arts & crafts, baking experiences, and attempting to be creative. (Honestly I stink at it all... it definitely isn't in my genes.)

After playing 1st base and being the biggest goof on the diamond for 3 years, I can honestly say I am very lucky and blessed to have had the girls from the Dead Birds and Coach Gene enter into my life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily, that picture above just reminded me of how much I miss seeing your big beautiful eyes at the Wellness Center and Union :(

    ReplyDelete