It is only Tuesday/Wednesday and already this week has been one where I want to pull out my hair, scream at people and just stay in my room. Appealing right? Yeah I would be turned off by my poor attitude but sometimes days/weeks just stink!
Sunday: Jackrabbit reception in Aberdeen. There were more staff than kids, thus resulting in a long day of pointless conversation and traveling. I decided to stay home for another night and just leave really early on Monday.
Monday: I got up at 6am and was out the door by 7am. I only got a mile when I thought maybe something did not sound right. I stopped at the bottom of Steven's hill and looked under the vehicle. Now if I would have seen a possum hanging from the bottom then it would be apparent something was wrong. But there were no furry creatures. So I continued on. Again about 30 minutes later I had a feeling to look under the vehicle again. This time I discovered my tire was flat. Still driveable but flat. I frantically called home to mom asking what I should do. She said go to Florence, the closest town and fill it up with air.
Three problems.
1.) I don't know how to fill a tire with air.
2.) I don't know where in Florence to fill a tire with air.
3.) I was wearing my pjs... which I had in HS so they were the least bit fashionable.
I told mom I was going to try coming home and switch vehicles. I drove pretty slow for about 10 miles and realized it was completely flat. Pulled into an approach and called back home saying to come get me. While waiting why not strip down and put on some dress clothes? I had no choice because now I was running late and had class at 10 and a Daktronics presentation at noon. Glancing at the clock it was about 8 o'clock now. I was screwed. Thank goodness for brothers. I called Steven just bawling and asked him to do something. He came too.
Long story short. I now have the farm pickup at SDSU. My car has four new tires. And I wasted a lot of Steven's and mom's time. They aren't happy with me.
When I got to SDSU at 9:25, my apartment was locked! It is never locked...again I freaked out and pounded on the door waking up poor Kyli. Off to class... Econ 301. Gross. Then presentation.. gag me!
Finally when the day was coming to a close I decided to go for a run. Again I should have just forfeited because in the run I pulled a lower back muscle. Horrible feeling because now I can't even stand up straight!
Tuesday: Today I met with Kimberly from ULC board. Amazing lady!! I wish I would had known her earlier. Worked at the ULC and went for a run. Really unproductive but need to nurse my back. I stood up Johney, Elloitt, and Jen for the Augustana concert. Just isn't my week.
If you are at all interested in my love life... just see the previous post. That sums it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment