Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Confused and needing to smell the flowers

Well it seems like everytime I blog, it is when I am upset. Hmm.. interesting!

FYI I'm going to be vague yet not... just stay with me on this one: As you can guess today people told me some interesting things about others. I am so confused whether I am or not blind. Lauren told me to quit trying to find the faults in others and focus on the good. I need to rechannel my thoughts and have more faith in people, especially certain ones. But I still do not want to be hurt. It is a dilemma I am try to avoid at all costs but this week it is facing me dead on. I have been hurt before, I have hurt others before, I have been left before, I have left others before... it seems to be this horrible cycle. Once I let my guard down I am crushed. When I have my guard up no one understands... I am just a confused lady today. UGH! Someday I will be more open on here... for now it just seems like the proper thing to do is not to name names.

On Sunday I could tell I was getting sick so I did a sleeping marathon. At about 6 p.m. I got up and actually started to be productive. Had a meeting at church about the Mexico spring break trip. Super excited!! When I have a moment I'll post the agenda to let you know when and where I'm going. Fun fact: We get to bring our own toilet paper!

okay... I'm breaking for a time out... group test!

The test took two hours between the four of us. I'm really thankful for the others because it is such a boring that it makes you do bad subject, blah!

I saw Darin in the library. He is just one of those guys that will make a girl feel special and lend that listening ear. I miss hanging around with him so tomorrow I'm heading downtown to do some serious catch up.

Went to church tonight at the ULC and made me realized that this semester is slipping away from me. Whether it is the people, functions, or just the little moments, everything is disappearing. It scares me so much that May 9th will come and some of these people I really do not know if I will see them again. I really am kicking myself for getting too caught up with myself. Sometimes I need to step back and realize life doesn't need to go hundred miles per hour.. but should be put on a slower speed. God did not make fastforward buttons for a reason... he made the flowers and the Sabbath Day for a reason.

Take a break, relish friends and family, and truly treasure what is placed before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment