Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ring around the rosey... We all fall down.


Crazy, overwhelming, learning-experience, exciting, mind provoking, mysterious... these are just a few of the feelings I felt today at my first day of work. I officially began with the Canaries! I will be the Director of Promotions. Never in a million years did I think I would be in this position, let alone at the age of 22. So here is a briefy of what I did today:

10:30 - 11:30 Schwab and I went to a meeting. Basically it was to see what we would be dealing with trade. It is really nice to tag alone to see how more sales talks go. It seems no matter what the topic they are knowledgeable. I don't think I would be able to BS about filtering systems...

11:30 - 1:30 I ran a promotion meeting with the front office. We threw around ideas. Sometimes I feel like I am this innocent church girl that never gets the joke. It is frustrating because I am trying to take more notice in pop culture. I think Jen will educate me quite a bit this next year... thank goodness!!

1:30 we finished the meeting with some pretty good ideas. Now the next step is to organize them, sell sponsorship, and work out deals with people like Lori at Dakota Costume. She is a great lady and I believe will be a nice welcoming person to my position :)

2:00 - 3:00 I had a conference call with the other teams across the USA. It is really fun, yet felt like that innocent girl. I obviously do not get jokes very well because they were teasing about my accent, which I still do not believe I have. But oh well, I will continue to lighten up!!

3:00 - 3:30 Tried to organize the binders/line up little bird information/pre &post band material/ rewrite my notes... uffda.

3:30 - 4:15 Trade meeting with meola. He is a great guy and am really looking forward to working with him. I believe he will be the one that will calm me down if I get worked up. Thank you Lord for having him there!

Till 5 I worked on getting phone numbers and what not... then headed back to Brookings for a 45 minute run, and put together a bullentin board at the ULC with Courtney and Margaret.

Sometimes I believe I am juggling too much with three jobs, school, and family & friends. I become overwhelmed but I just do not see any relief until... well until May 8th. But then a new type of stress comes . I also am not ready to date yet... It would not be fair to the guy nor I. I am going to put my heart into my work and the other parts into my friends. I honest my friends are my family. Kyli and Lauren, Keely and Tara, Jen and Alaina, Heather and Darin. Now don't get me wrong I love love love my fam fam, but I am exhausted trying to do all the connecting and initial contacting. Time out, sick moment.... thinking about this makes my stomach turn.. ugh. I wish I was the Beaver Cleaver image. Yes I do have resentment, but COME ON who won't?!?!

Alright so here is the bullet list:
1.) Work with the Canaries started today!!
2.) My life is spiraling out of control.
3.) My friends are my family.
4.) If you continuously try to fill a bottomless cup, you will be become exhausted and someday wear out.
5.) Director of Promotions is a FULL TIME POSITION YEAR ROUND.

No comments:

Post a Comment