Monday, February 20, 2017

Who's your mommy now?

You know the quote "don't knock it 'til you try it"? Well we tried it this weekend. Evan and his officemate go back and forth on why they like their churches and finally they agreed that they couldn't dis' each other's churches until they tried it. This weekend we visited Evan's coworker church in Hopkins.

It was a nice church with aspects I really did enjoy, one being the kids ministry.  Like EBC we were able to check our kids into their respective kid rooms. You and your child receive a sticker which is your ticket to actually be able to pick up your kid. Aka don't lose it or you will be short a child. Anyways we left B&G and went on our way to worship. An hour later we returned to pick them up.  However it wasn't as smooth as I was hoping... I had lost the sticker. At EBC, we would have had to basically had medical test done to prove we were related... So I was expecting the worst. I walked up to G's class first and declared he was my son. Luckily the worker remembered me and handed him over without an issue. Next up was B. The moment B saw me he started waving and smiling... How cute! Again I proudly said he was my son and that I had lost the sticker.  And again, they surprisingly said okay. Just as B was crossing the door's threshold he stopped, looked around confused and yelled, "where did my mommy and daddy go?!". Way to sell it kid.  I turned back to the workers to try and reassure them he was mine, but again he yelled, "where did my mommy and daddy go?" In true creeper fashion I leaned over to him, told him I had a fruit snack, and had an instant angel.

Who's your mommy now?

No comments:

Post a Comment