Monday, February 03, 2014

Wild Hockey

On January 11th Evan and I ventured to the Xcel Energy Center to take in our first Wild Hockey game.  It was WILD :)  Honestly, hockey is as foreign to me as Atlanta is to snow driving.  All I knew was hockey players skated with sticks, slapped a puck into goals, had anger issues, and probably asked Santa each year for their two front teeth.

When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised yet disappointed by our seats.  They were the best because we got an awesome view point, free food and soda in the Wild Loge Top Shelf Lounge!  However, I was looking forward to banging on the clear 'boards' and yelling like a looney at the players :)
Evan and I always have the wrong mentality when free food is involved - eat until you feel sick.  In the Lounge we had Chinese, meat and cheese, carved Roast Beef, and lots of candy.  Note: Chinese, French, American, and Willy Wonka don't mix because we both walked out of there with our bellies aching!
 The Wild played the Colorado Avalanche and they basically got anialated...
 But it was still fun!
 As for the promotions (always a favorite of mine), they were 'different'.  This particular promotion they had four contestants ride peddle 4-wheelers around the rink three times.  Another had people text a photo to win a chance to ride in the Target Zamboni.  The winners were so excited to go in circles around the rink smoothing out the ice… this was about was mind-blowing as "Dead or Canadian!"
Overall I loved the hockey game!  This is probably my new favorite sport to watch live.  Now the question is will I be a Sharks fan with Evan or a Wild fan with the rest of Minnesota :)

No comments:

Post a Comment