Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cooking 101

I went to go cut a tablespoon of butter for a recipe tonight and this is what I found...
As Evan put it - "He filleted the butter." 

Our conversation:
Me: What happened to the butter?!
Evan: I filleted the butter when making a grilled cheese.
Me: Why would you do such a thing?  Now a tablespoon is not really a tablespoon.
Evan: Measure it in a tablespoon thing.
Me: Who taught you to do it that way?
Evan: My grandma used to do it that way.
Me: Your grandma doesn't need recipes because she knows how to cook, but I do need recipes and now don't have a tablespoon.  You know what happens when I don't follow the recipe!
Evan: You should just use a different butter stick…. 

This was a first.  But now I'm curious - Helen, did you really fillet your butter?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment