WE GOT A REAL CHRISTMAS TREE!!!! Evan had a smaller tree that we used for the past several years, but it was time to upgrade. I hate paying full-price for things so I held out for the after Christmas sales. Ugh, you know what this means… I am my mother's daughter :) Anyways, three days after Christmas, Evan and I ventured to our local shady Target. Dead serious, this Target never runs out of items because NO ONE goes to that Target. It doesn't even earn the fancy name Tar-shay. However, I'm okay with that because I have found some amazing deals there.
Anyways, the heavens parted and the Hallelujahs rang through the night sky because there stood our 7.5 Foot Full Virginia Pine!! *Hallelujah, hallelujah, halleluja* The tree was 50% off and I knew it would be more on sale later that week, but it was risky not buying it right then and there. So I did the most logical thing - I asked if they match prices up to seven days after the purchase. They did! I was so excited driving home I begged Evan to let me put it up! Sadly, his answer broke my little heart - NO. So beware if you buy seasonal items out of season, you may have to wait a year to put them up… or wait until your spouse travels to South Korea and surprise him when he comes home… it is Jesus's half birthday :)
Okay, onto the price match - for the next four days I would go to Target and see if the price changed. A little obsessive, but I'm on a budget. Finally after church on Sunday we saw the sale! The tree was now 70% off!! I whipped out the receipt and got the difference of about $60!
Now that you think we're responsible adults for watching price matching, I will tell you what we did with that $60 we received back on a Target gift card. We bought $60 worth of candy… the candy was 50% off too, so it seemed smart at the time to buy it. To give you an idea how much candy that is please imagine each Snickers bag ringing up at $1.49, each Sour Patch Kids bag ringing up at $1.25, each M&M bag ringing up at $1.49, each Hershey kiss $1.50, etc. Love me some sugar, some good deals, and the dentist!!!


BAHAHAHAAA! This whole thing makes me laugh! i just love your stories :)
ReplyDelete