Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lucky Clover

Head, Heart, Health, Hands.  
This is the 4-H motto which is represented with a four leaf clover and this morning I was reminded of all my 4-H fun with a little driving story.
I had a mission to get to Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove, MN.  However, my GPS was having a case of the Mondays and was stuck on saying "turn right." I have learned you do what you are told by the GPS.  So I exited the highway even though I felt this was not the way.  All of a sudden it said "turn right".  So I went on the next ramp. I quickly realized that my GPS was stuck on saying "turn right" and I had to make a decision.  Man, if you want to make a girl panic this is the best way to.  My head was trying to envision a road map, my heart was racing, my hands were clamming up, and I was pretty sure health was going to go bye-bye.  While I was having my internal emotional breakdown I did the best thing …. I kept turning right until I could figure out my game plan.  Therefore, I ended up turning right four times, which means I went on all four clover leafs/ramps/exits.    
Word to the wise: never buy a GPS that stutters and 4-H can be urbanized. 

2 comments:

  1. I pledge my head to clearer thinking, my heart to greater loyalty, my hands to larger service, and my health to better living...

    Once, when I visited the girls in the Cities, we went on three leaves of a clover! I thought it was quite fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yes the clover run was 'interesting'. It was one of those moments where I was just amazed by the situation and if it was really happening. Between the road buckling and the clover leaf I am thinking MN driving is not that fun!

    ReplyDelete