On Saturday I heard that craziest rumor and within hours it was confirmed. My boss, Justin, took a job at NDSU. It made sense because his family is from NDSU, it was a step-up, and he loves the Bison. Yet, I was surprised because I never knew it was happening. That sneaky man! So now both GAs and Justin are leaving, which means a new slate. Personally I think that is awesome, yet it blows my mind because there is so much to know in all those positions.
Today I was called into the higher ups offices and asked the question "are you SURE you are moving to Minnesota." They wanted me to entertain the idea of applying for Justin's former position! The idea that I would become an Assistant Athletic Director is absolutely mind-blowing! As a women I know this is a huge accomplishment because it is very heavy, male dominated profession. It is a complete honor to have an offer, but I didn't want to give them false. However, I reassured them that I would not be staying in Brookings.
It is a weird situation. It is another job offer that I turned down. Yet, I'm surprisingly proud of my decision because I'm going with my belief and dream of pursuing different avenues. Besides I now get to be on the search committee for a new Assistant Athletic Director! Very exciting!!
No comments:
Post a Comment