Friday, April 06, 2012

When words fail, music speaks.

One responsibility of mine is to play music at the SDSU softball and baseball games.  The teams will create a warm-up CD (that is appropriate), which typically plays for two hours before the game as they do batting practice.  It isn't hard, except that I am at the field two hours before the game all by myself.
So the other day I was playing the softball music warm-up music all by myself.  As I stood in the press tent the wind howled around me.  It was very lonely and pathetic.

All of a sudden a huge gust of wind flew through the tent, and by golly, my eyes were huge, which made my eyes start to immediately tear up.  The only thing on my mind was not to smear my mascara, so I started to furiously brush away the tears.  Now have you ever heard that people want background music for their life?  Well this was that moment when it came true.  All of a sudden Jackrabbit Softball Stadium was filled with Whitney Houston's -  "I wanna dance with somebody."

I was a wreck…. I was crying all alone in the press tent while "I wanna dance with somebody" blared.

When words fail, music speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment