Wednesday, April 18, 2012

eVan & eMily Jones

Have you ever googled your name and realized that you may be the only one with that name?  SWEET!  You think 'wow, I really am one-of-a-kind!'  That's my current name.  I will go as far as calling myself special.  However, on September 15th I will take Evan's last name - Jones.

I really cannot think of a more common last name.  So I tried googling 'Emily Jones.'  There are THOUSANDS of people named Emily Jones.  To top things off my middle name is Beth, so it would be Emily Beth Jones.  Pretty generic.  

Well one day I was reminiscing about my middle school years because I know everyone loves those memories of spit-wads, braces, and being allowed to go to the Kat Place Dances.  You were really starting to form your identity.  Side note: I wish you could hear the sarcasim in my voice :)  Anyways, when one of my classmates insisted that her name was not Emily anymore, instead it was Emma Lee and we should just call her Emma.  I do applaud her efforts because it made me the only Emily in my grade and the teachers eventually called her only Emma.

So if she could switch her name, why couldn't I?

I have practiced my 'Emily' signature a million times in class, so there is no way I'm losing the spelling.  That's just too much… but how about the pronunciation?  Here is my solution… and laugh you may, but I think it is pretty clever.

eMily Jones.  It is pronounced Miley, but is spelled with a silent 'e'.  eMily Jones.  Quite clever!  I brought this idea up to Evan and he laughed, but than I told him he could be eVan Jones.  A silent 'e' there.  So warrior-like… eh?!  Anyways, this is my current solution to a little identity crisis :)

eVan & eMily Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment