Sunday, April 29, 2012

And so another chapter closes...

Travis, also known as Kevin, is a former graduate assistant in the athletic department.  A few month back I received a text from him saying he was going to the Bobcats NBA team for an internship.  I had no idea that he had even applied!  I shot a text back asking if he even knew he had applied… ridiculous, but in a state of shock this is what comes to my mind.  He had knew the internship was a long shot so he didn't tell anyone and also said "I'll be working for Michael Jordan."  Crazy!

Once Travis left I had no one to play HORSE with before the men's and women's basketball games, provide me crazy stories, and to sit through a cold and miserable softball season.  I was a little sad!  However, we have kept in touch.  And apparently he watches the games online and every once in a while he will spot me and give me a shout out :) Glory rabbit, maybe?!

Anyways Travis is also a columnist for the Collegian and the other day he did a farewell column.  This is how you write a thank you - Kriens bids Farewell!   Thank YOU Kevin for always having a witty comment, letting me beat you in HORSE, saving me press box food so I didn't starve, and being my bud in the office :).

No comments:

Post a Comment