Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ketchup

So this week has been a whirlwind with the Summit League Tournament, State "AA" Basketball Tournament, office hours, wedding planning, and job hunting.  Yet even with this crazy schedule I some how snuck in my FIRST sewing lesson , a movie with Erin, Annika, and Colton, a runzy, and finished a book.  I'm not sure where to start and where to end this blog post!!

Hang onto your chairs for a splat of Ketchup…

1.) The Five Love Languages
I've always be in awe of the people (cough Lauren) that somehow find the time to read.  Even in college they were reading these wonderful gushing novels pertaining to leadership, love, and inspiration.  I was super confused how these people found the time to read.  Well since recently graduated again, I thought I was going to pursue reading.  I have started probably three different books, but haven't finished any.  This was until Evan and I had a book suggested to us for marriage classes, "The Five Love Languages."  Quite intriguing!! There are five different ones: quality time, words of affirmation, touch, acts of service, and gifts.  My top two are quality time and words of affirmation.  Interesting… I give it a 4.5 stars.  Time out totally unrelated - Jen remember when we had our five star system? Ah, the days of Cola ;)

2.) State "AA" Basketball
First off, South Dakota AA teams my have one to two standouts, but they definitely are not the best teams in the state.  Uffda it was brutal sitting through six games of high school basketball especially after I had just experienced the Summit League Championships.  Perhaps I'm a little spoiled?  Anyways, never place me in front of a music computer and tell me to play whatever I want.  A little Beyonce, Spice Girls, and the Star Wars theme filled Frost Arena.  Some of them I did on purpose, but the Star Wars theme was an accident!  Just imagine the girls claiming the 7th & 8th places and screaming with joy that they are done and that theme song blaring over the loud speakers :)  Pure Memorable.

3.) Hair
Ballerina buns.  I have tried it.  I cannot tell if I look decent or if I look like a 15 year old girl that does a high ditzy ponytail.  Experiments are happening with my mane growing out.

4.) The Lorax
Yes, go see it!  However here is a suggestion - take a child with you or at least sit near a group of kids during this Dr. Seuss movie.  It always amazes me how a movie can be made on a simple thought of planting and restoring a tree population.  Pure genius folks!

5.) Cheesy Broccoli 
How many of you have had cheesy broccoli?  After you taste it you just want to keep eating it… maybe even lick the bowl clean?  And it is so simple with two ingredients: broccoli and Velvetta cheese.  However, anything simple is about twenty times more likely to be a disaster.  Cheese is cheese to me.  And when I did not have Velvetta cheese, well I substituted.  Take a guess…. :) I feel no one will ever guess this… goat cheese, bleu cheese, feta, or mozzarella??  Nope!! I used…. CREAM CHEESE!!  Booyah!  I thought I was a genius for thinking using it and not having to run to the store.  However, this was not intelligent.. far from it.  It was super gross and it made me have bad breath.  So advice of the day - Velvetta and cream cheese are not the same.  You're welcome for my advice.

6.) Falling
Remember when I had that epic fall this past autumn?  Well I fell the opposite way on Friday… up the stairs.  It was after one of the high school games and all the parents were standing around.  Apparently I'm suffering from shuffling syndrome.  I don't pick up my feet to go up and down the stairs normally.  I  caught my toe and knee and face planted into the cement steps.  Talent.  I heard gasps and I realized I probably wasn't as invisible as I had hoped.  I stood up and marched onto the offices as if nothing had happened.  Well not only did my pride die, but my knees are now bruised  the top, side, and bottom.  And I tore my jeans.  How in the world can I not tear my pant falling down the stairs but I do going up?

As Owen the head trainer said, "Emily, just take the elevator." He saves me from injury, as well as prevents them. Smart man.

7.) Sewing Lessons
Okay this deserves its own post :)  It is a good one…. let's call it the mustard because it'll be the next topping to my hot diggity blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment