So tonight I decided to make chicken noodle soup. I googled a recipe but it had a lot of ingredients I didn't have. I remembered Evan talking about a dish his family used to make where they threw everything and anything into it. Well I did just that. Two cans of chicken broth, a package of egg noodles, frozen corn, potatoes, three chicken breasts, and mixed vegetables. Yet, it didn't look soup-y. I added four cans of water. And whammy - it was gross. Imagine that, I ruined it again. I was so mad that I convinced myself that adding various seasonings would help. Thyme, pepper, salt, steak seasoning (I love this stuff!), minced onion, and cayenne pepper.
It didn't help. I do what I usual do if something turns out bad. I go to Evan's and tell him about my disaster. After a couple of hours I have returned to clean up my mess and let my soup/casserole "better with age" :)
Now this is where it gets good. Maybe I'm way off base?
I opened the fridge and saw the three large bowls of homemade frosting. These have been sitting there since middle of October because my roommate made some sugar cookies with frosting. I figured at some point she would clean these up. Reality has hit me. She is oblivious to how nasty she let's things get. I tried scraping out the frosting but it was ROCK HARD like Brock's biceps. I let it soak in some hot water and then was able to pry it out. This got me curious to see what else was behind these doors.
I didn't want Kaitlyn to be upset that I was throwing away some of her nastiness so I tried calling. No answer. I actually haven't seen her more than 10 minutes within the past week. Boys.
So I did it. I took care of business. Have you ever seen milk separate? Only if the expiration date is 9/16/11. Throw a nose-pin on it!! I was completely grossed out by two moldy loafs of bread, two cartons of milk, eggs, yogurt, beef, and frosting that all had green fuzzy mold. Now I may have crossed my boundaries by throwing away her stuff, but this is completely gross and there is no hope for that milk below!
Folks, if you are going to buy massive amounts of groceries than use them. This is completely nasty and greedy to let this much go to waste.

No comments:
Post a Comment