Early yesterday morning I had a meeting with a thesis committee member stating that I was going to have to kick into high gear otherwise I could kiss my graduation buh-bye! I was so flustered and when I got to the office, well I became even more …. ugh!!
Imagine this: a 25 year old riding a scooter in 30 degree weather with wind bundled up to the max. Meanwhile, there is a gnome balanced between her feet. Yes, that person was me.

I got to the office and was told I needed to take the gnome around campus and take pictures of him. It was for some type of collegiate contest across the US, and I, for one, did not care. I had a list of places: Union, Bookstore, Wellness Center, DairyBar, President's house, Rotunda, and Campanile. My personal mission was to get done fast. However, each place I went I needed to get permission to take a picture. So each time I entered a building I marched up to the information desk or someone in charge and said "Can I take a picture with my gnome?" After a quick laugh they always said sure.
I do admit I tried to make it more interesting. I saw anatomy lecture was going on in Rotunda D with the two doors wide open. Very quietly I placed Mr. Gnome on the ground and backed up. I knew that this was going to be an awesome picture, or I was going to get called out in front of 400 students. After two quick snaps I grabbed Mr. Gnome and ran back to Scoot. It was one of those feelings of OMG I just outsmarted the dog on the Sandlot!! I made the DairyBar hold Mr. Gnome in the ice cream container; set him on the Wellness Climbing wall, and even went up to the President's door to see if Mr. President himself would pose with him. Too bad that he wasn't there… otherwise that would have been LEGIT.
I have accomplished so much in my short lifetime. I have been a mascot, dressed up as Betsy Ross, tossed t-shirts for two years, and now have driven around Mr. Gnome. I'm famous around SDSU campus. I was even added as a Friend on Facebook, and than receive a private message requesting t-shirts from me because I am the t-shirt girl.
I will graduate so this does not continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment