I joined a Bible Study and could not be more excited about it!!
For a while I didn't want to go to church anymore because I felt I was going against my family (it is the Wesleyan and I was raised Lutheran). It was this awful tug-of-war, which may sound weird but trust me it was a real concern of mine. I really enjoyed the Wesleyan services and people, and didn't care for the Lutheran church in town. Finally I couldn't stand not going to church anymore and decided to research the Wesleyan Church. Turns out they aren't much different and I concluded I was stupid for being hesitate. Please don't judge me for this post… I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
So my next step was to get involved at the church. After browsing their website I discovered that the Breakaway Bible Study was going to start the next day! I was pumped! But I was disappointed because I was the only unmarried, kidless, college person there. Everyone was nice, yet I felt I would get more babysitting jobs than fellowship.
I wasn't done and continued to pursue a study. I asked the secretary for guidance and she suggested a young women's one the next evening! Later that afternoon I emailed the leader and got a cheery response (we're studying Monvee). Yet, I didn't know ANYONE. The next day as I approached the house, I imagined myself as Kyli, a good friend, and how she would go into with an open mind. Something about Kyli settles my mind… odd, maybe but it works.
As soon as I crossed the doorway, the two house owners welcomed me with open arms! I couldn't quit smiling because it was just one of those feelings… good people, good conversation, good subject, Goodness indeed! Then I saw a familiar face walking up the path and I really started cheesing out - AMY! Dan's older sister! It is like Dan got transferred from Montana but in a girl's body!! From the day that I met Amy I loved her spunky and caring personality.
Finally I have a church family again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment