Where has August gone?! At this rate I will be done with school and playing my kazoo on a street corner begging for a Taco Tuesday deal. YIKES!
Thesis
I had a thesis meeting and had fabulous news. Right on track for my research and writing! I have a meeting next week to discuss what approach I should take for chapters 4 and 5. Hopefully I can get a good draft done by the end of September. I will start taking requests for a book signing because this thing is going to be thick! Family and friends, please brace yourself because I will make you all read it.. all 130 pages.
GA
The big home opener is this weekend. Come on out to Coughlin-Alumni Stadium and bring your Captain Crunch because it is the Cereal Bowl. I find it slightly funny that they call it that when it is honoring seed growers. Why not call it the Grain Bowl? If you are going to name it the Cereal Bowl at least do something along with the theme.
Tailgating starts at 1:00 with inflatables for the children. I was pleasantly surprised when I was told I would not be working the Kids Zone. Last year this girl… bigger girl… was playing in the jump house and thought "hey I'm going to punch this boy in the face!" She did. All of a sudden I saw this 4th grade boy running and crying towards me telling me the story. What do I do? I hunted down the girl. When she saw me coming she ran. I decided if she wanted to come back in she would need to talk to me. Within 20 minutes she was back and I asked her if I could talk to her. Yes, it is one of those textbook scenarios: the mediator is on her knees with the two kids facing each other with fists clenched. I made them apologize, shake hands (I felt this was a nice touch) and banned both from the jump house for the remaining 2 hours.
Because of this scenario last year, I have dreaded the inflatables. So I thought I would be half tailgating and half doing grown-up stuff. Wrong. I am running the kids football clinic for 200 boys for 2.5 hours and THAN head to the inflatables. I do not feel this is a winning situation.
On a side note: Jr. Jacks are just splendid. The other day in class the teacher asked "What do you call a fish with no eyes?" No one said anything, so I told the punch line - "FSHHHHH!" Needless to say my classmates laughed and made the comment that it shows I work with a young demographic. Speaking of jobs… :)
Jobs
Tomorrow I have a job interview for a pretty special position in Brookings. I am not quite sure how I made it as a finalist, but I'm stoked! AND next Thursday I have a 2.5 hour interview as a marketing communication specialist position at Daktronics. I am really excited about this position as well. Yet, I am feeling the itch to travel. Daniel, how did you do it? I mean look for a job in a different state and know that it was right? Anyways, I have potential out there!
But my dream job would be to blog for a company, magazine, organization, or just my life. However, today Ned pointed out that I needed to be interesting, so I will stick with just a sideline blog and pursue my marketing communications dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment