Sometimes I think about how I don't want something to happen, but than it does and I wonder why I did it if I was paranoid about not wanting it to happen.
Exactly what happened a week ago! I was on break and went to the Wellness Center to use the computers. I had my flash drive which has EVERYTHING on it. My thesis, school work, GA stuff, etc. Anyways, I was walking out of the Wellness Center and had to throw something away and thought "man it would be horrible if I threw this away."
Milliseconds after I threw away the bottle the flash drive came tumbling out of my hands! I was mortified because it went into a garbage can that had a lid on it that was locked in a cage. Instantly like a mother saving her drowning baby I tried to stick my ginormous head and arm into the garbage. I couldn't reach it! I didn't know whether to leave the garbage unattended or get help. Panicked I surveyed if anyone was around me with garbage. No one. So I sprinted inside to the front desk and demanded where a janitor was.
Within seconds I was back outside defending the garbage can from anyone wanting to properly dispose of their waste. I was going to save this flash drive!! Two minutes went by (trust me I was a hawk to my watch), and the janitor appeared with his keys. He opened up the lock and unveiled the garbage.
Sprinkled on the bottom was water, wrappers and bottles. No pride - I dove in and started to brush things aside without gloves on. My heart was a mess! Finally I spotted my white and lime flash drive delicately sitting on some plastic. O.M.Goodness I about cried that it was not ruined with the liquid!
Note:
Never throw away things in a locked garbage can in case you need to retrieve it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment