Saturday, August 13, 2011

Christmas Wish.

Growing up you may hear your parents talk about insurance.  As you become older you start hearing more about it, but it sounds sooooo boring and ignore it.  I did this until July 6th.  

On June 30th, I didn't have a choice - I turned 25.  If I had my way I would stay 18 years old the rest of my life.  Unfortunately, the Earth's rotation around the sun has killed this dream and 365 happen each year.  Poop. 

Anyways, on July 6th I went to the dentist.  I had a check-up and they hit the jackpot! Two cavities - score for the Dr.  I set up the appointment for July 20th to fill the cavities and was placed on the call list to have my teeth cleaned.  On July 8th I had my teeth scrubbed.  Then on July 20th I went into the office to get my teeth fixed.  After giving me two shots I still had feeling - beam me up Scotty!! - and the Dr. gave me another shot.  

This entire I was under the assumption that since I had health insurance I still had dental and vision insurance.  I thought this because I was still in college.  WRONG!  On July 21st the Dr. called and told me that the insurance company rejected me because I was not of age!  Apparently when I turned 25 my dental and vision insurance had dropped.  I now owed the dentist in full for X-Rays, cavity fillings, cleaning, and Novocain. 

Buehler. Buehler.

So I called the insurance company and guess what - I have no eye insurance either.  Bonus - I had just used my last contacts.  My solution was to go get Lasik.  Wait for that blog post because it is emotional.  Imagine a 25 year old bawling in a doctor's office… 

Long story short - when I graduate in December, all I want for Christmas is a job with benefits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment