Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Tator-Tot Hot Dish.

Red Robin by Clark Richard

"Just a baby she is my baby girl… lots to learn though she is sure to know that I will quietly spy her where she goes.  As I place her in the car, she is out like a light and she know's I'll get her home alright.  ...she went from the backseat to hands to ten and two. College came too quickly… I sworn I would be strong and these are happy tears…"

How crazy are these lyrics that are able to sum up my feelings and excitement that he is still with me and watching and waiting for me!?  

You've all had two parents.  The amount of time they were present in your life is what varies.  As you know mine Dad has passed, but the memories never leave.

As weird as this sounds yesterday I couldn't stop thinking of him, so I did the most logical thing... I made tator-tot hot dish for Evan.  I made it just the way my mom used to for dad, except I didn't have a round casserole dish.  Nick told me to mix in the tator-tots in with the meat and beans, but I refused placing only one layer on top.  Baked potatoes, carrots, muskmelon, milk and water.  I didn't say anything about why I decided on this hotdish… just felt right.

"If time could only get give me, a moment to reflect. The smile and all that has been to treasure what is left.  I won't always be here this she surely knows.  That I'll quietly spy you anywhere you go… When we are apart remember it is not the end.  You know Enough to know we'll meet again.  I'll be waiting by the gate.  Standing just inside till I know you made it home alright… till I know you made it home alright…" 

My family used to sit around the table for hours at supper time during the winter months - all six of us.  Laughing about the days happenings and planning for the next day.  There was never a dull moment. Each of us had our own chairs.  I had to sit in between mom and dad because Landon needed to sit by mom, Steve wanted to sit by dad, and I thought Lyss had cooties.  Someday I hope you all have the opportunity to meet my Faja.

So as these lyrics pass I "treasure what I have left"… memories. 
"These are happy tears because I get even prouder with each passing year." 
L to R: Evan, Emily, Mom, Landon, Steve, Alyssa, Natalie & Kinsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment