Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 2 - Grounds

Story 1
I am a communication major, but realize I need to learn to study nonverbal communication.  Bob-ilicious likes nonverbals.

Today, he was spraying weeds while I drove the gator.  Unfortunately he didn't tell me where to drive or how close I should get to the edge.  Instead he just pointed.  Point to the left to go left. Right for right. Thumbs down for slow and thumbs up for faster.  At the end of this excursion I just wanted to yell "LET'S TALK ABOUT THE SITUATION!!"


Story 2
Bearnie: "Would you like to put a bra on?"
Me: "Um, sure?  I think I know how to put a bra on…"
Bearnie: "I knew that would get your attention! Go to the baseball field with Vince and do that."
Me: "Okay…what's a bra?"
Bearnie: *laughs* "The batting cage skirt."

I followed Vince to the field. Vince and I both agreed that was a very awkward moment.

Story 3
I sharpened and balanced the push mower blades.  Evan would be proud :)

The riding mower blades were a bit more of a challenge.  After trying for ten minutes with a wrestler using his muscles to unscrew the blade and another wrestler and me holding the blade so it didn't move, we were told they were air bolted on.  Solid. Those machines are not balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment