Friday, February 11, 2011

3 Hr. Interview.

After a three hour interview last night in Watertown, I am proud to say this is the agency I interviewed with (drum roll please)…. AdFarm!

The man was super nice and told me I was a race horse (YES!! MY RUNNING SKILLS ARE GETTING NOTICED!).  Nah, he meant he could tell I wasn't going to drag my feet - I had the passion and experience to make a huge impact on the company.

AdFarm is based in Fargo, ND.  Unfortunately they do not have an official internship program; however, Fred said he was going to talk with Roger, the founder, and "get me up there."

During this three hour meeting we talked about shelter belts, he gave me his blog website - I did NOT give him mine, Ronald McDonald, Subway, and CaseIH tractors.  I surprised him by telling him I had placed 2nd place internationally at the Society of Rangement High School Public Speaking Youth Forum, 4th at the National FFA Public Speaking CDE, worked at Titan Machinery, have a published article in the SRM journal, and had been very active in FFA and 4-H throughout my childhood.  In addition I broke out my Cagey the Canary story, winter camping story, and how I had worked Black Friday… yes very random, but with three hours this was all bound to come out.  I felt bad I told him that the past six years I had not been that active with agriculture.  Then he had a surprise for me - his daughter Katie had worked in NDSU athletics in the promotions and marketing before joining AdFarm.  Our backgrounds were pretty similar and he said he can see my passion.  Crazy!

Definitely a crazy idea that again I would be moving away for a summer from my family, friends, and Evan.  As I told Evan we could meet in the middle at the Summit Coffee Cup… that's where truckers stay :)  AND Heidi and Dan - the train station is there :)

But what an opportunity -- breaking into an marketing agency is tough, let alone a company that will always have clients because agriculture is never going away.

Anyways, keep the prayers coming... I hope to once again go back to my roots and join the agricultural community.

No comments:

Post a Comment