Monday, November 01, 2010

Bon Appétit!

Today Evan told me he was going to make supper tomorrow night, and I got pretty excited!  But along with the excitement came sheer terror because that means I would have to try my skills in the kitchen.  He said I didn't have to bring anything except an appetite, but I don't want to be a lame girlfriend.  So I decided I was going to make dessert.  

I am not the best baker/cooker. So I tried to think who was... HEIDI!  I love her symphony brownies and no bake cheesecake.  I had never made either, but was craving chocolate at the time so brownies it was.

Okay this is where I start to stray and go to the dark side of cooking.  I was going to experiment.  Uh-oh.  Instead of buying symphony bars I thought I would give it a twist with cookies 'n cream.  Delish, eh?  Well that's my first mistake.  I bought 1 symphony bar and 1 cookies 'n cream bar.  When I got back to the house it called for 3 symphony bars.  Bummer.  I would just have to break up the bars and intermix them... no biggie.  
Now to follow the directions to make the brownies.  But wait I didn't want to dirty dishes so why not mix it all in one pan without a mixer.  Don't do that people... it is not smart or easier.  I did get it mixed and concluded that the lumps would go away with baking.  

Next I spread out half the mixture and placed the broken bars onto the mixture.  Finally I spread the remaining mix over the bars.  Well I didn't have enough of that and there were now white pieces of cookies 'n cream sticking out like some ugly disease.  Ugh.  

To top everything off, I thought it would be great to undercook it.  Don't do that either.  It does not leave it moist and gooey.  It just leaves a mess.  And those lumps don't disappear.  

It is now 11:40 p.m. and I have a disease-looking brownie pan that has a funky taste because I mixed candy bars, undercooked it, and under mixed.  

I am still bringing the brownies to Evan, and they will be dub: Sympathy Brownies.  

It is the thought that counts anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment