For example the Sundae Sunday. I thought this was a terrific promotion. Tyler was going to eat his height in front of the crowd... all 5 feet 11 inches. I hyped it up all week with announcements on the PA and radio. Tyler on the other hand was NOT excited, but had no option to not participate since his name had been thrown out there. When the day came I set him up on the family berm and had the crowd watch him throughout the game. Picture an animal in a cage. People came to gawk and point; meanwhile, Ty ate away. Not going to lie, it was a great promotion, but I did it at the expense of another friend. Sorry Ty.
Recently I have been involved with a prank. Unfortunately, I used someone very close to me. Sorry. That is all I can say about this one. In the future as I figure things out I will reveal more details. Again it was for a good cause, but at the expense of another. I am ashamed.
So I decided to turn over a new leaf. Last year I had the New Year's resolution to have better active listening. This year, perhaps, I should stop and evaluate how I treat people. I feel like a scumbag.
Sorry friends and family. Yet, thank you for being good sports.
No comments:
Post a Comment