Monday, August 09, 2010

It Burns

I have a side job at the Ag Heritage Museum weeding.  It is honestly a pretty sweet gig because I can set my own hours, get my own dress code, and the payment is pleasant.  However, I tend to put off going there until it is really weed-y.

On Sunday I was gun-ho to go weed.  It would not have a lot of mosquitoes and I could work on getting rid of my booty-feet tan line.  I was in shorts, a tank, and flip-flops and ready to go.  When I got there I realized how many mosquitoes were there.  Of course I didn't have spray either.

But there was a dear old man that was willing to help.

He went to the store and came back grinning ear to ear.  He said he had pick up some bug spray and was just beaming on his nice gesture.  I was thrilled until I saw what bug spray it was.  See the gentleman was not all there in the mind.  And well I didn't have the heart to crush him.  So I stuck in my breath and thank him for the RAID - KILLS ANTS AND ROACHES!

He insisted that I put it on.  I nodded and said alright.

Spraying it into my hand, the spray was more like shaving cream looking.  As I rubbed it on I felt a stinging sensation.  Not pleasant.  My arms turned a little pink, but I thanked him again and he said I could keep the king sized can and use it the next time I come back to the Museum.

Looking at the can a day later this is how the can reads: "If on skin or clothing take off contaminated clothing.  Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.  Call poison control center or doctor for treatment advice."  Hmm... I did none of that.  Well all I have to say is...

Thank Mister for keeping the bugs away, even if it wasn't the mosquitos!

No comments:

Post a Comment