Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ageless

I am an idiot. $70 idiot to be exact.

I was working on my report on my autoethnography of my experience with my grandma and was looking closely at the birth year and her age. 1939 did not equal 81 years old. So I called her to confirm.

Gma: Well I was born in 1929.
Me: Are you sure... you aren't losing your mind G-ma are you? We haven't played scrabble in a long time...
Gma: Do the math Emily.
Me: Are you sure...
Gma: I think I know what year I was born.
Me: Crap... 1929.. you are right... you age nicely G-ma.

Why the significant uprise? Well last summer I had her finger print made into a sterling silver necklace. On the back I had "Gma 1939" engraved. Well obvious it is wrong. Now I have a mission to figure out how to fix it.

Needless to say I quit that paper for the night because I didn't want to stare at the mistake.

As my mom says... "Emily don't you think?!"
Well here is the answer...NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment