Sunday, January 31, 2010

Interstate Restrooms

Tonight traveling back to Brookings I really had to use the restroom. However the closest town was 30 minutes away, which left the shady interstate rest areas. When I arrived no other cars were around. I walked in and thought I would make it in and out without encountering anyone.

Upon pushing the bathroom door open to go into the main area, the door opened from the outside. I was so startled I screamed bloody murder and assumed a standing fetal position. Talent, yes! On the otherside of the door was an older lady who had a look of "is this girl going to get me?!"

I sputtered out I wasn't going to harm her and how sorry I was for screaming. She did the exact same and I quickly brushed pass her to get to my car. I had a dead sprint when I got outside and saw another car pulling up.

In conclusion, I would rather use the actual side of the road to go to the bathroom verses a rest area cause at least I could see a car coming.

1 comment:

  1. From your tweet, I thought you found an old woman dead in the bathroom. I'm glad you didn't.

    ReplyDelete