52 weeks in a year. Do something.
We are on week one os 2010. My feelings have been a jumbled mess. I have 365 days, 52 weeks, thousands of minutes and millions of seconds to do something. What is this something? It is kind of a rhetorical question, because I am not sure. People I believe are extremely talented creatures. Sometimes they are able to pinpoint exactly what their amazing talent is and can teach and assist other people. Others it takes awhile.
Here are some examples:
Alyssa - amazing musician and has spread the joy to the community.
Melissa - saving one Sioux Falls person at a time
Heather M. - Writing for a newspaper and spreading the word
Nick (new roomie) - can fix anything aka my dresser, bed, desk.. and it is only day 2!
Darin - Fixes any of this sisters' mistakes
More and more people have helped me in these past two months. I wish I could repay them with some sort of talent, but right now I have the talent of talking and writing thank you notes. But I want to be able to give back more.
Sometimes hobbies can assist a person in giving back. But my hobbies are working out, working, and shopping. None of which I consider constructive. This begs the question, what else am I passionate about. How can I start a fire and change my community. I used to be really passionate about wind energy. I still am to an extent, but nothing like I was.
So for these 52 weeks coming up I have made some changes. I have vowed to nicer to my family. In the past I have treated my friends with more kindness and respect than the ones that should have the most. This will take great patience on my part because I must understand they are very different in views and thoughts than me. Another vow I have taken is to strive towards something. Not to just go through and attempt to get by. Take a chance and if I fail, well at least there was an attempt.
I also would like to find that passion. What it is, still a mystery. I would like to read more, become more aware of current issues and go to debates and NOT daydream. I will. Maybe than I will use my talent of talking to voice voices to make the unknown known.
I'll do something in 52 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment